Sunday, November 24, 2013

$1 Stocking Stuffer Ideas


So, I stopped in at the Dollar Tree store the other day and found some really neat things that are perfect for stocking stuffers! Best part is, they aren't actually "junk" and can be used for practical things! But I think the kids will love them too. So, here is what I found. 

1. Cold Weather Gear:  Above, you can see the cold weather gear. Hats, knit gloves, head bands all those goodies. Perfect for that 2nd pair to keep in the car or at school or daycare! 


2. Coloring Books:  Yeah, the old stand0by of coloring books! Who wants to pay more than $1 for a coloring book that likely is only going to be half colored in? I never finished one as a child. Never! And I actually had this Barbie one that I really did try to finish.. it was awesome. But I digress.


3. Flash Cards:  Dollar Tree has a bunch of flash cards with characters that are directed at Math and Reading. My kids have always loved these, I don't think they realize that they are learning and having fun too. 

4. Hair Accessories:  I am AMAZED at the amount of hair accessories that Dollar Tree carries! From little girl to teen the assortment is pretty fabulous. And for $1, I'm not gonna get upset if someone steps on it and it breaks or it goes missing under a bed for 3 months. 


5. Hair Accessories Part 2:  Yeah, they have THAT many Hair accessories! 


6. Hand Sanitizer:  Yeah, maybe not the most cool thing, but with this season being so full of the sickies already, it can;t hurt to have Bobby and Suzy  have some hand sanitizer in their backpacks. And when it has Minnie Mouse and Cars on it, all their friends will want some too. 



7. Character Toothbrush & Floss:  Maybe we won't have to fight to brush their teeth if they can see Hello Kitty and Angry Birds in the mirror. 

8. Character Washcloths:  This was one of the tricks I used on 2 of my kids when they went through that, "I know I liked baths yesterday but I don't today and I will scream til you get me out" stage. A washcloth that magically "grows". Yep, plain old washcloth but these amaze kids. And only $1. Yes!


Okay, this last one obviously isn't for a stocking, but WOW is that an assortment of disposable pans or what? The last 2 years I have left my pan at my dad's after Thanksgiving. And never got them back. Are you reading this Dad? Missing my 8X8 and my 13X9! :D 

Who wants to pay $4 for a pan you are gonna throw away anyways? It is going in a 400 degree oven anyways. I say, pay the $1. 

Well, hopefully this list helped you, or entertained you. Oh, and tomorrow, Sunday 11/24, there is a 10% off coupon you can use! That essentially means each item is $0.90 with the coupon. There are some restrictions and the purchase amount must be at least $10. You can print the Dollar Tree Customer Appreciation Coupon here

Thanks, MyCNYMommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved