Thursday, April 21, 2011

Review: Here Burns My Candle by Liz Curtis Higgs



I have been a fan of author Liz Curtis Higgs’ books since 2003, when I read her first novel set in Scotland – Thorn in My Heart.  Since that time, I have made it a point to get a copy of her newest title as soon as possible - I am always anxious to return to the beautiful Scottish world in which her characters live.
Based on the first half of the Biblical story of Ruth and Naomi, Here Burns My Candle introduces us to the characters of Elisabeth and Marjory: two widows who must take care of one another when they find themselves alone in the world.  Liz Curtis Higgs has crafted a beautiful picture with this story. I was drawn in and held captive, unable to put the book down until I found out how it ended!  Of course, I now want to read the sequel Mine is the Night again, as well.  The story is beautiful and inspiring - and I can't wait to study the book of Ruth!

Overall, I would highly recommend Here Burns My Candle.  I can't wait to read another Scottish novel from Ms. Higgs!

You can purchase Here Burns My Candle from WaterBrook or from Amazon!


Please rate my review!



Thank you to WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for providing the book for this review! I received no other compensation and all views expressed are my own.



Want to keep up with all of the free stuff?  Subscribe now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved