Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Review + Kids Activity Pack



Last night I caught a screening of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides!  It was the very first child-free outing hubby and I have had since L was born (everyone handled the evening with minimal separation anxiety - yay!).  The theatre was full of Pirates fans and the room buzzed with excitement all night!

I am a huge fan of the first pirate adventure, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.  I will admit that I was kind of skeptical of a story that did not involve the characters of Will Turner and Elizabeth Swan, so I was a little afraid that the 4th installment in the "Pirates" movie collection would be a disappointment.  But I was definitely proven wrong!

I had not read any info about the plot of this movie so I went in not really knowing what to expect.  The infamous Captain Jack Sparrow covers a lot of ground in this film - starting out in the surprising city of London!  I was quickly drawn into the story, which had moderate pacing at first - but was soon racing right along!  New characters are introduced amid familiar faces and together they create a world of magical adventure.

Captain Jack and some unlikely allies get caught in a race to find the legendary Fountain of Youth.  On their journey, the adventurers encounter zombie-fied pirates, Ponce de Leon's ship, and some surprisingly scary mermaids.  Make sure you stay until the end of the credits for a short extra scene!

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed the film.  The summer movie season is off to a great start with Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.  I don't think you'll be disappointed!

If your kids are looking for some pirate-y fun, head here to download a fun activity pack filled with coloring sheets, mazes, door hangers, face masks, and more!

Don't forget to enter the Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Prize Pack Giveaway, ending 5/20!

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES sails into movie theatres everywhere this Friday, May 20!  You can skip the box office lines - buy movie tickets in advance at Fandango.com.



Want to keep up with all of the free stuff?  Subscribe now!

3 comments:

  1. Yes everyone waited for it when I went the extra scene after the credits. I think that was the longest list of credits ever Johnny depps driver was even on it lol loved the movie I got to see a sneak peak last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for a childless night out, I'm jealous! My DH wants to see this movie, I have actually never watched any of the Pirates movies (can you believe it?!) so I'm think I'll watch the others before going to see this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom and I were just talking about this movie today, how he must keep doing them because he enjoys them so much. I'm looking forward to seeing it! Glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved