Friday, May 20, 2011

Review: Midnight Lullaby CD by Jane Roman Pitt



You can bet that I spend a lot of my time singing lullabies to a certain little boy.  He's now big enough to smile at me when I sing to him and it melts my heart every time.  I am always on the lookout for new lullabies, so I am really excited to tell you about this fantastic CD.

Midnight Lullaby, by Jane Roman Pitt, is a collection of bedtime songs written by Wilco, Dixie Chicks, Sade, Donovan, and more.  I will admit I was a little skeptical when I saw the country music artists listed (I enjoy most music genres but country is not at the top of my list!), but I am so glad that I gave this album a shot!

From the very first song, this collection of warm and lovely melodies has a beautiful "folk" feel.  Jane Roman Pitt's voice is sweet and soft, effectively conveying the messages of love and tenderness in each song.  I honestly have been listening to this CD for about eight days straight and have not yet grown tired of a single song.

You can hear a preview of the tracks over at Lady Lullaby's website or at Amazon - here is a listing of the song titles:

1. Baby That's Not All
2. My Darling
3. Dreaming Sweet Dreams 
4. Lullaby
5. Midnight Lullaby
6. Welcome Home To Love
7. The Sweetest Gift
8. La Moora
9. Whisper Warm
10. Forever Young
11. Goodnight, Golden Slumbers

While I love the whole album, my top favorites include Lullaby, La Moora, and Welcome Home to Love.  The lyrics in these beautiful songs are tender enough to touch your soul.  Lullaby includes a lyric that asks "how long do you want to be loved?  Is forever enough?  Cuz I'm never, never giving you up."  And every time I listen to Welcome Home to Love, my eyes are teary from the sweet, sweet lyrics - "You've only just arrived / The answer to a prayer / But I feel like I've known you forever" and "I'll show you all I know, my child, my own / Welcome home to love."  Simply beautiful.  This is a song I will be singing to my babies (and someday grandbabies) for the rest of my life.

You can find more information or purchase this beautiful album on Lady Lullaby's website, or at Amazon


Thanks to Lady Lullaby for providing my review sample!  I received no other compensation and all views expressed are my own.


Want to keep up with all of the free stuff?  Subscribe now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved