Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Review: This Little Prayer of Mine by Anthony DeStefano



I've worked at a few different branches of my local library for over seven years of my life, and if you were to ask what I most enjoy...  I would probably tell you that it's getting to find lots of new treasures in the children's section.  I love children's books and now that I have my own little one, they are even more special!  L has a whole library of his own.  :)

I recently read This Little Prayer of Mine, a children's title written by Anthony DeStefano.  Released by WaterBrook Press in February 2010, this delightful little tale is sure to charm the young readers and listeners in your family.  The book shares the prayer of a young child and shows that even though a person may be small, God is still listening!  Little ones will be encouraged while listening to the child's prayer, whether he is scared, hurt, alone or unsure, he is still confident that God will take care of him. 

There's a section of giving thanks, and a moment of anticipation for what the future holds.  Through it all, the fanciful rhyming scheme and beautiful illustrations (by Mark Elliott) will capture the attention of a young audience.  I know this will be a book my family reads over and over again!  I highly recommend This Little Prayer of Mine for little readers - and even for those who may need a reminder that faith and trust are simple through a child's eyes.

You can purchase This Little Prayer of Mine from WaterBrook or from Amazon!

Please rate my review!



Thank you to WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for providing my review sample!  I received no other compensation and all views expressed are my own.



Want to keep up with all of the free stuff?  Subscribe now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved