Stan and Jan Berenstain began writing The Berenstain Bears in 1962, and now Jan and her son, Mike, are keeping the Bears alive. In the latest two books, Mama's Helpers and Little Lost Cub, Brother Bear, Sister Bear and their friends do good deeds as part of their Good Deed Scouts. In Mama's Helpers, the Good Deed Scouts decide that Mama needs some help, so they clean up after breakfast, wash dishes, clean the attic, and beat rugs. Mama Bear is very thankful for their help. Little Lost Cub, follows the Good Deed Scouts as they help a cub who has lost track of his mama. They receive help from a friendly PoliceBear along their way and their search continues until they succeed in finding the little cub's mama!
I grew up loving The Berenstain Bears, and I am glad that I can now share them with my son. These two stories, specifically, are geared to teach kids valuable lessons about helping others. Also, they are part of the I Can Read! series which is specially designed to help kids learn to read.
One note that I always have found humorous in the series is that Mama Bear looks like she's always wearing her nightgown. I wonder if anyone else has wondered about this? Also, in Little Lost Cub, even though the story never says it, the pictures show the Good Deed Scouts going door to door to find the cub's mother and during this adventure, they visit the butcher, the baker, and the candlestick maker. Have to love the cute things added in to make us smile.
You can find The Berenstain Bears: Mama's Helpers and The Berenstain Bears and the Little Lost Cub on Amazon!
Thanks to Zondervan for my review samples! I received no other compensation and all views expressed are my own.
Tweet
Want to keep up with all of the free stuff? Subscribe now!

No comments:
Post a Comment