Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Better Homes and Gardens: Affordable Holiday Gift Ideas


Ah, holiday gifts.  Every year, we face the challenge of finding something that is meaningful and useful, while trying to stay within our frugal budgets.  With this in mind, I was excited when I was asked to participate in the Better Homes and Gardens holiday gift challenge this year!

Better Homes and Gardens has created a line of beautiful home and fragrance products that make lovely holiday gifts.  My goal was to find great gifts priced at $5, $10, and $20.  I headed out to my local Walmart last week and found these fantastic items:


I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as too many candles - at least, that's what I say when they smell as yummy as this Spiced Apple Wreath variety!  For just $5, you can pick up these 18 oz. candles which will make excellent gifts for teachers, friends, party hostesses, or yourself!  If you're not an apple fan, there are many other holiday scents to choose from including Spiced Cinnamon, Candied Caramel Pecan, Classic Gingerbread and more!


I picked up this lovely 10" serving bowl for $9.96 - a price that can't be beat!  The mistletoe pattern is sure to set off a holiday party - and if you feel the need to splurge, there is a full line of serving ware available in this design, including a gravy boat, salt and pepper shakers and more.


 I looked around a long time deciding what to purchase for my $20 item.  Finally I selected a wax warmer (priced at $15), along with two packs of wax cubes ($2 each).  For a total price of $19, this is a great find!  The Snowflake pattern is not decidedly Christmas themed, so it can be used all winter - perfect if you are giving it as a Christmas gift!  I selected Vanilla wax cubes as they are an all-around favorite, but there were many other scents to choose from - both holiday fragrances and other exotic varieties as well!  I think this one will be a big hit.

Make sure you visit Better Homes and Garden's Facebook page for more information about their delightful holiday line!  Let me know if you find any great gifts at your local Walmart.

I wrote this post while participating in a campaign for Better Homes & Gardens.  I received a Walmart gift card to faciliate the review.  All opinions expressed are my own.




Want to keep up with all of the free stuff?  Subscribe now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved