Monday, December 26, 2011

The Merchant's Daughter by Melanie Dickerson {Book Review}

The Merchant's Daughter, by Melanie Dickerson, is a young adult historical fiction novel.  This book is a follow-up to Dickerson's last release, The Healer's Apprentice (read my review here). 

This book is set in medieval England and tells the story of young Annabel Chapman, whose wealthy father has died and left her family in great debt.  Somewhat reminiscent of the classic Beauty and the Beast fairytale, the story moves along as Annabel is forced to move away from home and live as an indentured servant for the mysterious Lord le Wyse.  Annabel's story is told at a lovely pace - neither too fast or slow, and while elements are predictable (due to the fairytale element), there are also enough twists and turns to keep the reader in suspense until the end.  This was a very fast read for me!

I enjoyed this book more than the first release from author Melanie Dickerson and look forward to future titles!  I am a fairytale aficionado, so I can't wait to see what tale is woven next.

The Merchant's Daughter is currently available on Amazon for $9.99.

Thanks to Zondervan for providing my review sample.  I received no compensation and all views expressed are my own.




Want to keep up with all of the free stuff?  Subscribe now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved