Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Very She & Him Christmas {Music Review}


If you live in Kansas City, chances are you have encountered our new Christmas radio station.  While I love getting to hear the classic Christmas songs, I am turning to my own music collection more often this year (I'm not a big fan of country and that seems to be the resounding theme of the station...).  I am also starting to seek out new music, since listening to the same four albums over and over can become less than exciting.

I was really thrilled to check out A Very She & Him Christmas, the brand new holiday album just released this October from Merge Records and She & Him.

This new album features Zooey Deschanel (She) & M. Ward (Him) playing and singing a collection of holiday favorites inspired by The Carpenters, Vince Guaraldi, The Beach Boys, Elvis Presley and more.  I've been a fan of Zooey for several years (she's starring in this year's new comedy on Fox - New Girl), but had actually never heard of M. Ward before now. 

This entire album has a soft, casual feeling - almost as though She & Him are singing to you from beside your Christmas tree!  The music is lovely and sure to put you in the holiday spirit! This album is a follow-up to She & Him's past albums: Volume 1 and Volume 2.  After hearing their holiday offering, I am a definite fan and will be putting the rest of their works on my holiday wish list!
 
The full Track List includes:
1 . The Christmas Waltz
2 . Christmas Day
3 . Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
4 . I'll Be Home for Christmas
5 . Christmas Wish
6 . Sleigh Ride
7 . Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
8 . Silver Bells
9 . Baby, It's Cold Outside
10 . Blue Christmas
11 . Little Saint Nick
12 . The Christmas Song

My favorites?  Sleigh Ride, I'll Be Home for Christmas and of course, The Christmas Song.  

I highly recommend this album be included in your holiday collection.  It's a delightful little collection!  You can purchase the album as an mp3 Download, CD, or - if you're really going for a vintage feel this holiday season - on Vinyl.

Thanks to Merge Records for providing my review sample.  I received no other compensation and all views expressed are my own.






Want to keep up with all of the free stuff?  Subscribe now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved