Friday, February 1, 2013

Walgreens Ology Products

Walgreens Ology Product Review


Review of Walgreens Ology Products.  My Kansas City Mommy recently had a chance to check out some new products on the shelves of your local Walgreens.  The brand is called Ology.  The first thing I noticed was the price was really very reasonable and frankly great in comparison to some of the name brand "healthy cleaners". My Kansas City Mommy received a gift card to purchase the items so I could try them and then share my experience with my readers.  My giftcard was for $15 and I was able to purchase all the items listed below for less than the giftcard.  




I liked the packaging - simple and attractive, and fits with the "free of harmful chemicals" theme, but as we know this has no bearing on the products themselves.  When I got home I opened up the Paper Towels and and the All Purpose Cleaner and went to work.  The towels were AWESOME - they have these little pockets on them - they were super strong and absorbent, I have used a few in the past that are "chemical free and eco-friendly" that fell apart with 1 swipe across the counter, these were very durable.  I will totally buy the paper towels again.  The multi purpose cleaner was awesome - the ingredients were all things we are familiar with and the smell was the BEST part - Meyer Lemon and Lavender - my kitchen smelled great.  I also really liked the sprayer - again a big pet peeve of mine is a sprayer that doesn't work well or is awkward to hold onto, but this was a quality product. It also cut through the greasy finger prints and leftover dinner from the kids as well as cleaned my black glass cooktop on the stove (hubby cooked YIKES) and was able to handle all the mess without a ton of scrubbing.  Another big time WIN in my book, and will be on my purchase list.  I then checked out the Glass Cleaner as that is a more difficult thing to sell me on - you all know I like to make my own glass cleaner.  Well again I must say I was pleasantly surprised it worked great as well - really is streak free (I have a mirror in my entry hall that normally I have to really work on to get streak free but this wasn't the case with the Ology brand - it didn't take any extra work at all).  I am very excited to give the other products a try as well.  

If you have been looking for a brand of products that are Free of Harmful Chemicals this is a brand I would recommend you try!!

Following are a few bits of info from the Walgreens site for you to read about the products.

“Walgreens is proud to be leading the charge by providing ‘Ology,’ the first nationally accessible and affordable line of household liquid products free of harmful chemicals available in our stores,” said Joe Magnacca, president of daily living products and solutions for Walgreens. “Ology reflects our dedication to innovation, our constant drive to improve our customers’ quality of life, and our ongoing commitment to help people get, stay and live well.”
“Increasing evidence shows that the chemicals included in everyday products could be contributing to children’s diseases and behavioral disorders, including asthma, autism and cancer,” says Gigi Lee Chang, CEO of Healthy Child Healthy World, one of the nation’s leading independent non-profit organizations dedicated to the empowerment of consumers and the protection of children from harmful chemicals. “Until the U.S. adopts better regulations around product safety—like we do in other countries—parents are left to bear the burden of protecting their children’s health by educating themselves and making conscious purchases. With the help of Walgreens Ology products, concerned consumers now have easier access to affordable and safer solutions.”





Want to keep up with all of the free stuff?  Subscribe now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved