Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sing to Your Baby Book and CD Review + Giveaway



If you are anything like me, once you have your precious bundle of joy, and he doesn't want to sleep, it seems that all of those lullabies you used to know are gone. Sing to Your Baby: Love Songs & Sing-Plays for New Families can help you out. Included are eleven very simple songs for you to sing to (or with) your baby. A CD is also included that has every song in two keys: a higher key (C) for mommy and a lower key (G) for daddy. Whether you have a beautiful - or a not-quite-so-beautiful - voice, Sing to Your Baby will help you and your baby bond - and believe me, that sweet baby won't care if you think you can't sing. This book would make a wonderful present to any new family that you might know - or even for yourself, if you have a new little loved one.

I really enjoyed reviewing this book/CD combo. I liked how in the introduction, the authors, Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer, began with "Dear Mom, Dad and Other Wonderful Folks Who Will be Singing to Your Baby."  My little L has had many people sing to him since he arrived - and wonderful folks they truly are! 

Two of my favorite songs were "Love Is What I Feel For You" - it is so sweet, and the illustration is of a daddy singing to his baby in the womb. When it's the middle of the night and you feel like your eyelids can't stay open, you don't always remember words.  This is where the song, "I Love You" will help you.  It is definitely one of the easiest to remember with lyrics like "La la la la, I love you" and "Oo oo oo oo, I love you." If you are looking for a unique baby shower gift, give Sing to Your Baby a try. 

For more information, you can visit SingtoYourBaby.net.
Find Sing To Your Baby on Amazon!

Giveaway

One My Kansas City Mommy reader will win a copy of Sing to Your Baby! This giveaway will end on July 20  at 11:59 PM Central time.

To enter this giveaway:

Tell me what is your favorite lullaby or children's song! Then fill out the ENTRY FORM. Completing these two steps counts as one entry.

You can also receive additional entries for the following (you will check these off on the entry form - please do not leave additional comments relating to these! They will NOT be counted unless they are filled in on the form.):

* "Like" Sing to Your Baby on Facebook
* Follow Sing to Your Baby on Twitter
* Subscribe to My Kansas City Mommy's feed or email subscription
* Publicly follow My Kansas City Mommy with Google Friend Connect
* "Like" My Kansas City Mommy on Facebook
* Follow My Kansas City Mommy on Twitter
* Tweet about this contest! Use this: I just entered to #win a @SingToYourBaby Book/CD - you can too! Ends 7/20. Enter #giveaway http://t.co/MhtGgOr via @MyKCMommy


Don't forget to click here to fill out the entry form. Please note that this prize can only be shipped to a US address!

Looking for more stuff to win?  Check out the Giveaways page for current giveaways and past winners!

Thanks to Sing to Your Baby for providing my review sample and the giveaway prize! I received no compensation and all views expressed are my own.  For more information, you can read My Kansas City Mommy's Giveaway Policy.



Want to keep up with all of the free stuff? Subscribe now!

17 comments:

  1. How great is this!!! I have always hummed to my kids "what child is this"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now the little one likes the good old fashioned Rock a bye baby. But Personalized with his name.

    danellejohns at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. as a christian i have to say Jesus Loves me

    trustjesus7771 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always hummed/sang You are my Sunshine, but I would say their name it it, "please dont take my brooke lynn away."
    sunniewoodyplus2 atmsn.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well my faves are taken but I also luv Sweet Baby Of Mine
    sps1113 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite lullaby to sing to my daughter is Baby Mine
    Heididaily at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the Hush Little Baby song but we make up our own things because I don't think I have ever known the right words. Lol. I run out of songs sometimes too and find myself singing songs that are popular today but quietly. Lol.

    lewalk(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite to sing is "The Ants Go Marching." I could sing it all day!

    iluvtennis2004 at aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like singing Rock a Bye Baby to my son.

    ReplyDelete
  11. -I always loved these (2) lullabys: Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and The Itsy Bitsy Spider

    aliaskys (at) yahoo . com
    Thank You!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Rock a bye baby
    hrddiana556@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Itsy Bitsy Spider!

    littleamberfaith at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are my sunshine!
    jadavis42@tntech.edu

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm going to have to go with "You Are My Sunshine," which seems to be popular.

    mrs.marcus2 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Mary had a Little Lamb!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved