Thursday, August 4, 2011

Dreamworks 'The Help' Opens Wednesday 8/10 + Giveaway


Kathryn Stockett's critically-acclaimed and New York Times best-selling novel The Help is getting the big screen treatment this summer. Starring Emma Stone (Easy A, The Amazing Spiderman), Oscar-nominee and Tony-winner Viola Davis (Doubt, Eat Pray Love) and Oscar-winner Sissy Spacek (Four Christmases, Tuck Everlasting), The Help follows three 1960's Mississippi women who form an extraordinary friendship despite societal rules. The story is both provocative and inspiring and you will be glad you have seen this timeless tale about creating change.

I have not personally read The Help yet - but it's been on my list for awhile.  I work at a library and I have seen it passed around many of the book clubs in this area!  If your book club is reading this title again in celebration of the upcoming movie release, make sure you check out this Book Club Kit put together by Dreamworks especially for this occasion!

Have you read the book?  Either way, are you excited for this new movie release?  If you see it next week, let me know your thoughts!

Giveaway




 One My Kansas City Mommy reader will win a The Help Prize Pack including The Help T-shirt, pocket jotter and pen, fan, and nail file/mirror! This giveaway will end on August 15  at 11:59 PM Central time.

To enter this giveaway:

First, leave a comment on this post - tell me what your favorite summer movie has been/will be this summer! Then fill out the ENTRY FORM. Completing these two steps counts as one entry.

You can also receive additional entries for the following (you will check these off on the entry form - please do not leave additional comments relating to these! They will NOT be counted unless they are filled in on the form.):

* "Like" The Help on Facebook
* Subscribe to My Kansas City Mommy's feed or email subscription
* Publicly follow My Kansas City Mommy with Google Friend Connect
* "Like" My Kansas City Mommy on Facebook
* Follow My Kansas City Mommy on Twitter
* Tweet about this contest! Use this: I just entered to #win #TheHelpMovie prize pack - you can too! Ends 8/15. Enter #giveaway http://t.co/CVu8RVG via @MyKCMommy


Don't forget to click here to fill out the entry form. Please note that this prize can only be shipped to a US address!

Looking for more stuff to win?  Check out the Giveaways page for current giveaways and past winners!

Thanks to Walt Disney / Dreamworks for providing the giveaway prize! I received no compensation for hosting this giveaway and all views expressed are my own.  For more information, you can read My Kansas City Mommy's Giveaway Policy.


Want to keep up with all of the free stuff? Subscribe now!

29 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to The Help. Great book! One of the best I have read in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, I totally loved Harry Potter. that might be hard to beat. :)
    thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids loved Harry Potter!

    ginahamm@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I "Like" The Help on Facebook

    ginahamm@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Subscribe to My Kansas City Mommy's email subscription

    ginahamm@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Publicly follow My Kansas City Mommy with Google Friend Connect

    ginahamm@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I "Like" My Kansas City Mommy on Facebook

    ginahamm@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Follow My Kansas City Mommy on Twitter

    ginahamm@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite movie this summer has been Super 8. The teenage character made me laugh and a little bit of sci-fi made my husband happy!

    -meganromer8908@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't seen any movies this summer, no money. But I can't wait to read the book and maybe rent it when it comes to the video store.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Captain America and Thor I love them both

    robinblankenship at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the last Pirates movie.
    sunniewoodyplus2 atmsn.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crazy Stupid Love

    Thank you for hosting this giveaway

    Louis
    pumuckler {at} gmail {dot} com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Toy Story 3 has been my favorite movie this summer we don't get out to the movies anymore we do not have a babysitter/family help
    Jamie Brigham
    cinderella10383 @ aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't been to a movie in a LONG time! I saw Tangled with my daughter in January, which is the last movie I saw, and I loved it! I loved the book "The Help", can't wait to see the movie, another book I read and can't wait to see the movie is Hunger Games.
    Marysa {at} marysa {dot} com

    ReplyDelete
  16. My fav this summer has been Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It would have to be (thanks to the kids) Rio

    danellejohns at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favorite summer movie is The Rise of the Planet of the Apes!! Such a good, important film (if you've seen it, you'll understand lol). I will be seeing The Help in a few days though!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The first movie I saw this summer was Pirates of the Carribean and it was fantastic! Since that is all I have seen and I love those pirate movies, its my fave!! :)
    jalyssa982003 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think my favorite movie so far this summer was Thor.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks like this might be it!
    sps1113 at yahoo dot com

    i typed this before but have skipped the capcha cus it wasn't here

    ReplyDelete
  22. My favorite summer movie so far was Harry Potter Deathly Hallows 2.

    mckenziesmom1@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm looking forward to seeing the Smurf movie
    hrddiana556@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really liked I Am Number Four (read the book first.) I'm looking forward to The Help as well (also an excellent book)
    karlatrx AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think my fav summer movie will be Limitless...hopefully...Im renting it tomorrow and have been looking forward to it. Email: yona(at)pricelesswriters.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. My favorite movie I recently rented is Lincoln Lawyer.
    bwalker1123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. GFC blog follower
    bwalker1123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. My favorite summer movie has been Cars 2.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved