Some people are under the impression that stay-at-home mommies have a lot of time on their hands. Obviously they have never been stay-at-home mommies! I freely admit, I have a ridiculous number of things on my plate - but even when I'm not blogging, teaching drama, and volunteering for the community theatre, I am busy all the time. Keeping up with L is a full-time job and he's not even mobile yet!
But staying at home does have benefits. No one really cares if you don't wear makeup or if you wear pajamas until three o'clock in the afternoon (I'm sure I'm not the only mom who has done this)! Doing dishes or laundry is totally a pajama-wearing job. And something else I've recently added to my at-home, no-makeup list? Exercise DVDs!
Jennifer Gianni's Fusion Pilates - Four DVD Pregnancy Series has inspired me to
get out my yoga pants and actually do some exercise! This particular DVD set has been fantastic. There are four DVDs included:
- Triple Threat
: Get in shape before your pregnancy
- Pilates for Pregnancy
: Maintain strength and prepare for birth
- Post Pregnancy & C-Section Recovery
: Get your pre-pregnant body back.
- Exercise with Baby
: Bond with your newborn and stay in shape
I didn't receive this collection until after L was born, so I have mostly just tested out the Exercise with Baby
DVD. I have found it to be a great way to get in some exercise. L is the sort of baby who is just not pleased unless I am with him all the time. Having an exercise routine that is specifically designed to help mom work out with baby in tow makes it so much easier for the post-natal mom to get back in shape!
Jennifer Gianni has a great energy and upbeat spirit that encourage you to keep up as she demonstrates the different exercises. The workout length is enough to get your heart rate up and make you feel energized - but not so long that you feel completely drained when you are finished. That's definitely important, since a mom may not be able to have a lot of "wind down" time!
An added bonus is that your baby may think it's hysterically funny to be used as part of your workout. L giggles almost constantly when I take the time to work through this DVD! I have really enjoyed having exercise be a way to bond with my baby - on top of this emotional benefit for both of us, after I have finished the workout I am usually more energized and ready to tackle whatever else the day might hold!
I am planning to keep up the Exercise with Baby routine as long as L still enjoys it. After that I'll switch to the Fusion Pilates Triple Threat and keep the other two DVDs reserved for a later time - I'm sure L will have a little sibling somewhere down the road!
While the exercises used in Jennifer Gianni's DVD series
are proclaimed to be safe for both mom and baby, it's important to check with your doctor before starting any new major workout routine!
But staying at home does have benefits. No one really cares if you don't wear makeup or if you wear pajamas until three o'clock in the afternoon (I'm sure I'm not the only mom who has done this)! Doing dishes or laundry is totally a pajama-wearing job. And something else I've recently added to my at-home, no-makeup list? Exercise DVDs!
Jennifer Gianni's Fusion Pilates - Four DVD Pregnancy Series has inspired me to
- Triple Threat
- Pilates for Pregnancy
- Post Pregnancy & C-Section Recovery
- Exercise with Baby
I didn't receive this collection until after L was born, so I have mostly just tested out the Exercise with Baby
| I love that Jennifer Gianni and her daughter demonstrate the exercises in the Mom & Baby workout! |
Jennifer Gianni has a great energy and upbeat spirit that encourage you to keep up as she demonstrates the different exercises. The workout length is enough to get your heart rate up and make you feel energized - but not so long that you feel completely drained when you are finished. That's definitely important, since a mom may not be able to have a lot of "wind down" time!
An added bonus is that your baby may think it's hysterically funny to be used as part of your workout. L giggles almost constantly when I take the time to work through this DVD! I have really enjoyed having exercise be a way to bond with my baby - on top of this emotional benefit for both of us, after I have finished the workout I am usually more energized and ready to tackle whatever else the day might hold!
I am planning to keep up the Exercise with Baby routine as long as L still enjoys it. After that I'll switch to the Fusion Pilates Triple Threat and keep the other two DVDs reserved for a later time - I'm sure L will have a little sibling somewhere down the road!
While the exercises used in Jennifer Gianni's DVD series
Giveaway
One My Kansas City Mommy reader will win a copy of Jennifer Gianni's Fusion Pilates - Four DVD Pregnancy Series
! This giveaway will end on August 19 at 11:59 PM Central time.
To enter this giveaway:
First, leave a comment on this post - tell me how you squeeze exercise into your schedule, with or without your baby! Then fill out the ENTRY FORM. Completing these two steps counts as one entry.
You can also receive additional entries for the following (you will check these off on the entry form - please do not leave additional comments relating to these! They will NOT be counted unless they are filled in on the form.):
* Subscribe to My Kansas City Mommy's feed or email subscription
* Publicly follow My Kansas City Mommy with Google Friend Connect
* "Like" My Kansas City Mommy on Facebook
* Follow My Kansas City Mommy on Twitter
* Tweet about this contest! Use this: #Win a Fusion Pilates 4-DVD set - by Jennifer Gianni! Ends 8/19. Enter #giveaway http://t.co/WOs3HfI via @MyKCMommy Tweet
Don't forget to click here to fill out the entry form. Please note that this prize can only be shipped to a US address!
Looking for more stuff to win? Check out the Giveaways page for current giveaways and past winners!
Thanks to Fusion Pilates for providing my review sample and the giveaway prize! I received no other compensation and all views expressed are my own. For more information, you can read My Kansas City Mommy's Giveaway Policy.
Want to keep up with all of the free stuff? Subscribe now!
the earlier I get up in the morning, the easier it is to fit in a workout. 5am sharp, I have some me time, but if I sleep in or wait... it will be too late!
ReplyDeletesarah at realtorsd.com
I usually take a walk with my dog before work or after dinner.
ReplyDelete-MeganRomer8908@yahoo.com
I actually like to exercise, I usually do the 10 minutes a day on on demand.
ReplyDeletesunniewoodyplus2 atmsn.com
Exercise mostly consists of stroller walks, doing yardwork while the kids are outside, or a little on the Wii Fit.
ReplyDeleteMarysa {at} marysa {dot} com
Since I am more awake at night, I tend to exercise right before bed. I realize doctors say that is an awful time but it has helped me sleep- tires me out!
ReplyDeleteI usually try to wake up earlier than my little one so that way I can be awake, exercised, and refreshed (and showered) before he wakes up!
ReplyDeleterachel_demille at yahoo dot com
This summer it has been easier.... I have spent a lot of time playing with the kids in the ppol which has been great exercise.
ReplyDeleteI have a hard time exercising as a stay at home mom....when I do it is usually with my toddler, which is not easy.
ReplyDeleteSabrina.Vaccaro at hotmail dot com
As soon as I put baby down for a nap, I run in to start an exercise video! Some days I only get 20 minutes and other days I get to finish the whole video, but I figure that anything counts!
ReplyDeletejuliedianebaker at aol dot com
I schedule my workouts for the same time everyday. I treat it like an appointment. If I miss a workout due to circumstances out of my control, then I workout the next day. laurenpaig1atgmaildotcom
ReplyDeleteI am currently pregnant but I would love to win this. I walk every day since I got pregnant before I ran everyday. I do marathons and races too. So once the baby comes, I will put them in the jogger and take them with me.
ReplyDeletesuper_alba_star@yahoo.com
I'm not fitting a good workout in since my little guy was born a few months ago which is why I would love this :) thanks!
ReplyDeleteshakenafist at yahoo dot com
I try to work in little things, like always taking the stairs, or parking farther away from my destination. It's not always easy, but I try!
ReplyDeleteavroradavidovna at gmail dot com
I like to take my kids running with me. We have a jogging stroller so I can go whenever is convenient.
ReplyDeletekatrinasouthwick at gmail dot com
I dance with my daughter or hubby to squeeze in exercising!
ReplyDeleteshaejohnson10@gmail.com
It was easier before my daughter was mobile now I have to wait till her naptime
ReplyDeleteHeididaily at gmail dot com
I try to walk 10 minutes a day at least
ReplyDeletelaurie1993@verizon.net
I try and take walks around the neighborhood while my daughter rides her bike or skates.
ReplyDeletethransom(at)gmail.com
I try to take walks when I can.
ReplyDelete