Wednesday, November 23, 2011

LiveOn Keeps Your Memories Alive for Future Generations

Thank you to LiveOn for this sponsored opportunity to blog about storing and sharing my most important memories with those closest to me. Although story ideas were provided, all thoughts and opinions are my own.


LiveOn is a new website that is aimed at helping you to document your life and keep your memories alive...forever! The basic premise is this: once you have created an account (free or premium), you create your timeline which is made up of milestones and memories. Once you are logged in to your account, you will see a timeline beginning with your name and birthdate as the very first milestone.

I started with this - then added several other milestones (high school graduation, wedding, birth of our son, etc.). Between, you can add memories, vacations, events...really, anything you would like to preserve! You can add pictures and video to any of these also.

A screenshot of the Timeline in my hubby's account.  Major details have been removed for privacy, but you can see how simply the timeline is organized - great for future family members who may want to learn your story!

I really enjoyed making my account on LiveOn and I am continuing to add to it!  My life story is right where I can find it, and I can share it with "My Tribe" (sort of like "Friends" on Facebook - it is recommended that only family and close friends be included in your tribe). My hubby is very interested in genealogy (study of family history), so he loved this site.

LiveOn gives you the ability to create accounts for deceased family members so that you can record all of their stories on the site also. From a genealogy standpoint, LiveOn is a really great help. For everything you do on your account, you rack up "years." Each "year" - which is just that, one year - represents how long  information will be freely accessible to family and descendants after a person has passed away. After your "years" expire, your descendants can add more years or get hard copies of your memories (other options also available).

Though LiveOn is still a very new website, once it catches on, families will be able to get so much out of it, and your descendants will be thankful that you took the time to record your stories for them. Can you imagine how thrilling it would be to have a Timeline of your grandparent's or great-grandparent's life?  I highly recommend giving LiveOn a chance.  You may find that you can't resist this fun way to keep track of your family's memories!

As with any family history project, it is important to keep recording.  If you begin your journey with Live On now and continue to use it frequently, you'll be one of the lucky people who has many memories stored all in one place.

Thank you again to LiveOn for sponsoring this blog post. Please click here to learn more about storing and sharing your most special memories. I was selected for this sponsorship by Clever Girls Collective. All opinions expressed here are my own.




Want to keep up with all of the free stuff?  Subscribe now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved