Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Muppets: In Theatres Tomorrow! {Movie Review}

"It's time to play the music, It's time to light the lights, It's time to meet the Muppets on the Muppet Show tonight!"

I remember watching the Muppet Show growing up as well as the Muppet Babies cartoon series. So, since childhood, I have been enamored by Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo and the rest. I remember when Pizza Hut was selling Muppet Christmas Carol plushes. I remember Muppets Take Manhattan and the Great Muppet Caper. I have many many fond memories of these beloved characters, which is why I was very hesitant when I heard that a new Muppet movie was in the works.

I had absolutely nothing to worry about. I thoroughly enjoyed The Muppets. Jason Segel and Amy Adams were terrific, and Kermit et al. were as awesome as ever. The musical numbers were fantastic. I also enjoyed the characters vague awareness of the movie (at one point, Waldorf and Statler said "I think you just gave away a major plot point!"). The celebrity cameos (I'm not going to tell you all of them) were amusing, though I think I could have done without certain Disney tween singers/actors. And the new Muppet, Walter, was hilarious. My favorite musical numbers were "Man or Muppet" and the classic Muppet song, "Rainbow Connection." I felt drawn in by the Muppets' characters, and who knew you could make an audience go all weepy without batting an eye (literally, no eyes were batted). The Muppets was funny and heartwarming. It brings the characters to a new generation without destroying them for the older generation. I say skip the vampires and see the Muppets!

The Muppets hits theatres everywhere tomorrow!  You can beat the crowds and guarantee your showtime when you pre-order tickets from Fandango now.

Thanks to Walt Disney Pictures for providing my tickets to the screening of The Muppets. I received no other compensation and all views expressed are honest. Review by my hubby.  This was actually my first experience watching The Muppets in any capacity (that I remember), and I loved it!





Want to keep up with all of the free stuff?  Subscribe now!

1 comment:

  1. Loved it too. Jason Segal was really good and I was happy to see the kids in the audience were also really entertained by it, made me feel a little less old! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved